Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Halloween Adult Womens Costumes Roaring 1920s 1920's Flapper Satin Dress Costume Theme Party Outfit

Do the Charleston in this sexy flapper dress!

This Item Includes 20's style velour and satin dress with sequin trim and appliqu; coordinating cloche with sequin brim and flower accent

{{CinemaSecretsWomens}}


The ancient Celtic New Year festival of Samhain became known in Christian times as Halloween when like many other ancient Celtic festivals it was adapted by Christianity. It marks the end of Celtic pastoral year when the herds of domesticated animals were led back to the shelter of their stalls for the winter and the beginning of the new year which is marked by ancient customs of ritual cleansing and renewal. Great splendid, dramatic and terrifying events occur at this time and it is the occasion of joyful celebration.

Throughout the Celtic world, all fires were extinguished and ritually reignited from the sacred druidic ceremonial fires. All night the landscape was illuminated by countless sacred fires. It was a magical and very spiritual time when the separation between the earthly world and the Otherworld disappeared and for a moment man and spirit had free access to the Other's world. Magical horses, bulls and birds, fairies and other strange and wonderful creatures are said to have wandered freely about the land.

Some tales tell of two young men tempted into crossing over by a beautiful fairy woman into a house full of revelers, who are feasting and dancing wildly. There one of the young men accept a cup of fairy wine while his companion leaves. The companion returns on the morrow only to find friend, house and women vanished, not to be seen again until the following Halloween when they and the young man are seen again, still dancing.

And there are many more stories too numerous to mention here.

My name is Maire Ni Gallachoir and I am Irish. I was raised surrounded by the legends and symbols of the Ancient Celts.

My mother would tell me some of them before I would go to bed, and as a result I would have very colorful dreams.

Even though I know a lot about the Celts and their wonderful culture, I still read every book I can find on the subject.

And now I want to share some of this knowledge with you.

I hope you will enjoy every moment you spend reading my articles.

In Spirit,
Maire Ni Gallachoir
http://CelticSpirit.com

adult halloween costume

No comments:

Post a Comment